Marine Hull Insurance mitigates the costs of the risks associated with the navigation of a ship or other insurable interest in water. This cover is intended for water born, movable property, that may be exposed to hazards during a certain voyage or for a fixed period of time.
Various insurers provide various types of covers for Hull from which you can choose a standard option, or you can request specific cover.
The list of possible cover includes the following:
Return to Insurance Types »
- Protection and Indemnity (P&I)
- Hull & Machinery
- Disbursements (Increased Value) or Freight Interest Insurance
- Freight, Demurrage & Defense (FD&D)
- Port Authorities & Terminal Operators
- Charterer’s Liability Insurance
- Crew Personnel Accident (PA) Cover
- Hull & Machinery – War & Strikes Risks
- Loss of Hire
- Builders Risks
- Ship Repairer’s Liability